Popular Help Topics
What To Do After A Car Accident?
Everyone can do all the right things and be the safest driver on the planet. But let’s face it, accidents happen more often than not, especially in the busy streets of Klang Valley. In fact, car accidents in Malaysia are on the rise. Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai has said that 489,606 accidents were reported in 2015, while there were 476,196 road accidents in 2014.
If you ever get involved in a car accident, there are certain things you can do to protect yourself and your interests. The following is a list of things you should do during and after getting into a car accident:
DURING THE CAR ACCIDENT:
- Step out of the vehicle and observe the damages of your car
- Stay calm and don’t panic even as a crowd gathers around
- Names and addresses of all involved drivers.
- Make / model and registration numbers of involved vehicles.
- Driver’s license number
- Names of insurance / takaful companies.
- Names and addresses of witnesses.
- Take photographs of accident site, position of vehicles after accident, damages of vehicles.
- Do not admit any liability
- Do not pay money to any party without getting consent from your own insurance / takaful company
- Do not allow non-panel or non-authorised workshop’s representative towing away your vehicle.
- Contact your family and share your geo-location of accident.
- Must make a police report within 24 hours, required by laws.
- Notifying your insurance / takaful company of the accident, if repair is necessary, enquire about the names of approved panel workshops to send your vehicle for repair.
- No repair can be authorised to your vehicle without getting written approval from insurance / takaful company.
- Keep in mind, your claim can be declined if you send the vehicle to non-panel / non-authorised workshop.
- Refer insurance / takaful company should you receive any communications from Police Authorities.
- If your vehicle just sustained minor damage and you do not want to file a claim on your own policy, but the accident has involved a third party property damage or third part bodily injury, you are advised to contact insurance / takaful company for next course of action. This action aims at protecting you from any liability risk.
- Send the letters to insurance / takaful company after receiving from Third Parties, and keeping them unanswered and never admitting any liability.
- Must notify insurance company in writing or phone after an accident with following timelines.
- Within seven ( 7 ) days if not physically disabled or hospitalised.
- Within thirty ( 30 ) days or as soon as practicable if physically disabled or hospitalised.
- Other than above, subject to specific proof given by you.
Road Safety Tips
Road accident is one of the main reasons a lot of Malaysians losing their precious lives.
Don’t become part of these saddening statistics!! ( partly we don’t want to lose our customers )
Take these simple steps from now on and minimize your accident risks, even though we understand it is not possible to get rid of this risk completely.
Road Safety Tips:
- Wear seat-belt and which is required by laws anyway, you could find a better way to contribute our beloved country financially, paying traffic summons isn’t the best idea.
- Don’t use mobile phone while driving, even using “hand-free” devices cannot eliminate distractions totally.
- Take a 15-minute-break for every 200km or 2 hours, whenever you are driving long journey, as tiredness is one of the major reasons of causing car accidents.
- Use car seat when you have young passenger.
- Don’t drink alcohol and drive.
- Always keep a safe distance from the front vehicle.
- Ensure vehicle is roadworthy with regular maintenance.
- Do not overload vehicle ( another good reason cut body weight !! )
- Be visible when driving in the dark, get the lights on. (rest assured, no electricity bill)
- Overtake other vehicle only when it is absolutely safe to do so.
- Be a polite road user and don’t retaliate when you are challenged by others.
Car Breakdown Hotlines
1. Ace Jerneh
2. AIG Malaysia
3. AIA Berhad
4. Allianz General
5. Axa Affin
6. Berjaya Sompo
7. Etiqa Insurance
8. Kurnia Insurance
9. Lonpac Insurance
10. MSIG Malaysia
11. MPI Generali
12. Oversea Assurance
( Great Eastern )
13. Pacific & Orient Insurance
14. Progressive Insurance
15. QBE Insurance
16. RHB Insurance
17. The Pacific Insurance
18. Prudential Insurance
19. Tokio Marine Malaysia
20. Tune Insurance
21. Zurich Insurance
22. Takaful Ikhlas
23. Takaful Malaysia
Insurer & Telephone Number
1. Ace Jerneh : 1300 22 1188
2. AIG Malaysia : 1300 88 3933
3. AIA Berhad : 1800 88 8733
4. Allianz General : 1800 88 6278
5. Axa Affin : 1800 88 1033
6. Berjaya Sompo : 1800 18 8033
7. Etiqa Insurance : 1800 88 6491
8. Kurnia Insurance : 1800 88 3833
9. Lonpac Insurance : 1300 88 1138
10. MSIG Malaysia : 1300 88 0833
11. MPI Generali : 1300 22 1188
12. Oversea Assurance (Great Eastern) :
1300 22 1188
13. Pacific & Orient Insurance : 1800 88 2121
14. Progressive Insurance : 1300 88 1238
15. QBE Insurance : 1300 88 4847
16. RHB Insurance : 1300 22 0007
17. The Pacific Insurance : 1300 22 1188
18. Prudential Insurance : 1300 22 1188
19. Tokio Marine Malaysia : 1800 88 1301
20. Tune Insurance : 1800 22 8863
21. Zurich Insurance : 1300 88 6222
22. Takaful Ikhlas : 1800 88 1186
23. Takaful Malaysia : 1800 88 8788